- Part 1 Parasitic Diseases Yann A. Meunier, MD
- Part 2 Deep Fungal Diseases Yann A. Meunier, MD
- Part 3 Bacterial, Chlamydial, and Prion Diseases Yann A. Meunier, MD
- Part 4 Viral Diseases Yann A. Meunier, MD
- Part 5 Tropical Health Hazards
Tropical Diseases outlines the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases encountered in developing regions—areas where the unexpected can occur and where Western medical capabilities are often unavailable. Diseases profiled here include a brief historical background, main signs and symptoms, and practical methods of individual prevention and treatment. Additional features include over 60 maps depicting the geographic origins and modern distribution of tropical diseases, a classification scheme for parasitic diseases according to the location of the final parasitic stage in the human body, and clinical case studies.
Yann A. Meunier, author Stanford University College of Medicine
date: 08 May 2021