Access to the complete content on Oxford Medicine Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- I Introduction
- II Electrical Properties of Neurons
- III Intercellular Communication
- 8 How Neurons Communicate: Gap Junctions and Neurosecretion
- 9 Synaptic Release of Neurotransmitters
- 10 Neurotransmitters and Neurohormones
- 11 Receptors and Transduction Mechanisms I: Receptors Coupled Directly to Ion Channels
- 12 Receptors and Transduction Mechanisms II: Indirectly Coupled Receptor/Ion Channel Systems
- 13 Sensory Receptors
- IV Behavior and Plasticity