- Section 1 Hallmarks of cancer
- Section 2 Aetiology and epidemiology of cancer
- Section 3 Principles of oncology
- Section 4 Population health
- Section 5 Support for the cancer patient
- Section 6 Disease orientated chapters
- Chapter 35 Head and neck cancer
- Chapter 36 Oesophageal cancer
- Chapter 37 Gastric cancer
- Chapter 38 Rectal cancer and systemic therapy of colorectal cancer
- Chapter 39 Colorectal cancer
- Chapter 40 Pancreatic cancer
- Chapter 41 Hepatobiliary cancers
- Chapter 42 Peritoneal mesothelioma
- Chapter 43 Cancer of the breast
- Chapter 44 Gynaecological cancers
- Chapter 45 Genitourinary cancers
- Chapter 46 Lung cancer
- Chapter 47 Neoplasms of the thymus
- Chapter 48 Pleural mesothelioma
- Chapter 49 Skin cancer: melanoma
- Chapter 50 Skin cancer: non-melanoma
- Chapter 51 Acute leukaemias
- Chapter 52 Chronic leukaemias
- Chapter 53 Myeloma
- Chapter 54 Malignant lymphomas
- Chapter 55 Sarcomas of soft tissues and bone and gastrointestinal stromal tumour
- Chapter 56 Craniospinal malignancies
- Chapter 57 Tumours of the eye and orbit
- Chapter 58 Endocrine cancers
- Chapter 59 Cancer of unknown primary site
(p. 965) Cancer of unknown primary site
- (p. 965) Cancer of unknown primary site
and George Pentheroudakis
No data on the use of targeted therapy (TKIs, mTOR, monoclonal antibodies, or check point inhibitors) are yet available.
GEFCAPI 04 prospective randomized trial between molecularly-guided therapy versus empirical therapy is urgently awaited.
Gene profiling diagnosis should not be in daily practice use.
Access to the complete content on Oxford Medicine Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.