- List of abbreviations
- Chapter 1 Institutions, culture and the culture of institutions
- Chapter 2 Crime and madness
- Chapter 3 What we actually did and why
- Chapter 4 Reflexivity: who am I to ask questions?
- Chapter 5 Daily life
- Chapter 6 What are the mechanisms of power?
- Chapter 7 Ward life under the microscope: the maintenance of power
- Chapter 8 Did wards have cultures?
- Chapter 9 Culture on the move: resistance and reality
- Chapter 10 Looking back
- Chapter 11 Anthropology and the individual: knowing me, knowing you
- Chapter 12 Secure care
- Appendix A Additional notes on method and data analysis
(p. xvii) List of abbreviations
Access to the complete content on Oxford Medicine Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.