- Quick Reference Material
- Preface to first edition
- Preface to the ninth edition
- Acknowledgements for the ninth edition
- Symbols and abbreviations
- How to conduct ourselves when juggling with symbols
- Amendments and Errata
- Amendments and Errata to Eighth Edition
- Amendments and Errata to Seventh Edition
- Amendments and Errata to Sixth Edition
- Amendments and Errata to Fifth Edition
- 1 Thinking about medicine
- 2 History and examination
- 3 Cardiovascular medicine
- 4 Chest medicine
- 5 Endocrinology
- 6 Gastroenterology
- 7 Renal medicine
- 8 Haematology
- 9 Infectious diseases<sup>1</sup>
- 10 Neurology
- 11 Oncology and palliative care
- 12 Rheumatology
- 13 Surgery
- 14 Epidemiology
- 15 Clinical chemistry
- 16 Eponymous syndromes
- 17 Radiology
- 18 Reference intervals, etc.
- 19 Practical procedures
- 20 Emergencies<sup>1</sup>
- Chapter references and further reading
- Weblinks for Eighth Edition
- Weblinks for Seventh Edition
- Weblinks for Sixth Edition
Amendments and Errata to Sixth Edition
Page 479 - PANCREAS Mnemonic for acute pancreatitis
Oxford University Press would like to acknowledge Mr Etienne M. Moore MA FRCS (Gen. Surg.) for kindly letting us reproduce his PANCREAS mnemonic (Moore EM. A useful mnemonic for severity stratification in acute pancreatitis. Ann R Coll Surg Engl 2000;82:16-17)
Page 45, The cardiac cycle
The axis showing pressure should be labelled 0 - 110 mmHg not 0 - 1110 mmHg.
Under the heading ‘Myoglobin’, subheading ‘Tests’, the arrow preceding PO43- should point up, not down.
Under the heading ‘Features of’, subheading ‘GH lack’, the arrow after glucose should point down, not up.
Page 380, Epilepsy: Management
Under the heading ‘Commonly used drugs’, maximum dose of Carbamezapine should be 800-1000mg/12hr, not 800-1000g/12hr.
Page 711, Drug therapeutic ranges in plasma
The therapeutic range for phenobarital should be 60-180 µmol/L, not 60-80 µmol/L.