- List of Contributors
- List of Abbreviations
- Chapter 1 Biophysics of the Vestibular System
- Chapter 2 Vestibular Physiology: How to be a Clinician and Yet Think Physiologically
- Chapter 3 Eye Movements, Vision, and the Vestibulo-Ocular Reflexes
- Chapter 4 Postural Control and the Vestibulospinal System
- Chapter 5 The Vestibulo-Autonomic System
- Chapter 6 Multisensory Interaction and Vestibular Compensation
- Chapter 7 Functional Imaging of the Vestibular System
- Chapter 8 Clinical Anatomy and Physiology of the Vestibular System
- Chapter 9 I am an Otologist, What Neurology do I Need to Know?
- Chapter 10 I am a Neurologist, What Otology do I Need to Know?
- Chapter 11 Symptoms and Syndromes in the Patient with Dizziness or Unsteadiness
- Chapter 12 Clinical Bedside Examination
- Chapter 13 Oscillopsia and Visuo-Vestibular Symptoms<sup>1</sup>
- Chapter 14 The Role of Vestibular Laboratory Testing
- Chapter 15 Imaging of Vertigo and Labyrinthine Disorders
- Chapter 16 Vestibular Symptoms, Balance, and Their Disorders: How Will We Classify Them?
- Chapter 17 The Principles of Balance Treatment and Rehabilitation
- Chapter 18 The Epidemiology of Vertigo and Imbalance
- Chapter 19 Vestibular Neuritis
- Chapter 20 Positional Vertigo and Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo
- Chapter 21 Migraine and Other Episodic Vestibular Disorders
- Chapter 22 Ménière’s Disease and Other Causes of Episodic Vertigo
- Chapter 23 Posterior Circulation Stroke and Vestibular Syndromes
- Chapter 24 Gait and Disequilibrium
- Chapter 25 Progressive Vestibulocerebellar Syndromes
- Chapter 26 Bilateral Vestibular Failure: Causes and Courses
- Chapter 27 Vertigo and Dizziness in General Medicine
- Chapter 28 Motion Sickness and Disorientation in Vehicles
- Chapter 29 Fits, Faints, Funny Turns, and Falls in the Differential Diagnosis of the Dizzy Patient
- Chapter 30 Behavioural Neuro-Otology
(p. 49) The Vestibulo-Autonomic System
- (p. 49) The Vestibulo-Autonomic System
Bill J. Yates
, Ilan A. Kerman
, Brian J. Jian,
, and Timothy D. Wilson
Access to the complete content on Oxford Medicine Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.