Access to the complete content on Oxford Medicine Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- Chapter 1 Difficult airway: definitions, incidence and consequences Rehana Iqbal and Atul Kapila
- Chapter 2 Difficult airway management: general principles Mansukh Popat
- Chapter 3 Basic anatomical, physiological and pharmacological principles of difficult airway management Jaideep J. Pandit
- Chapter 4 Preoperative airway assessment Chris Frerk and Kawshala Peiris
- Chapter 5 Management of the anticipated difficult airway: without clinical upper airway obstruction Mike Goodwin
- Chapter 6 Management of the anticipated difficult airway: the patient with critical upper airway obstruction Stuart W. Benham
- Chapter 7 Awake fibreoptic intubation Mansukh Popat and Mridula Rai
- Chapter 8 Management of the unanticipated difficult airway: the ‘can't intubate, can ventilate’ scenario Alexander Marfin and Jairaj Rangasami
- Chapter 9 Unanticipated difficult intubation: ‘can't intubate, can't ventilate’ (CICV) scenario Ben Maxwell and Hamid Manji
- Chapter 10 Difficult airway in special situations Jenny Thompson
- Chapter 11 Management of paediatric difficult airway David Mason and Sara McDouall
- Chapter 12 Extubation and re-intubation strategy Ravi Dravid and Gene Lee
- Chapter 13 New airway devices for difficult airway management Imran Ahmad and Shaun Scott
- Chapter 14 Airway training Imogen Davies and Mansukh Popat