Access to the complete content on Oxford Medicine Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1 Beyond Drugs: Addictions in the Context of Recurrent/Progressive Psychiatric Illness Alan C. Swann
- 2 Behavioral Mechanisms in Addiction Margaret C. Wardle, Jin H. Yoon, Anka A. Vujanovic, Michael F. Weaver, Scott D. Lane, and Joy M. Schmitz
- 3 The Biology of Nicotine Addiction and Factors That Differentiate Youth Who Smoke From Those Who Do Not Felicia R. Carey and Anna V. Wilkinson
- 4 Resilience and Opiate Misuse Sameer Hassamal, Divya Ramesh, and F. Gerard Moeller
- 5 Alcohol-Related Disorders: Adaptations and Progression to Disordered Drinking Therese A. Kosten, Colin N. Haile, Marijn Lijffijt, and Alan C. Swann
- 6 The Neurobiology of Behavioral Sensitization Jeffery D. Steketee
- 7 Stress and Addiction Marijn Lijffijt
- 8 The Neurobiology of Behavioral Addictions: Sexual Addiction Donald L. Hilton Jr., Stefanie Carnes, and Todd L. Love
- 9 Norepinephrine as a Therapeutic Target for Cocaine Use Disorder Colin N. Haile, Thomas F. Newton, and Thomas R. Kosten
- 10 Cannabis, Endocannabinoids, and Mechanisms of Addiction Christopher Rodgman and Christopher D. Verrico
- 11 Cocaine Addiction Therapy Pharmacogenetics David A. Nielsen
- 12 Increasing the Information Yield From Clinical Trials in Addictions: Bayesian Statistics, Adaptive Designs, and Biomarker Evaluation Charles Green, Robert Suchting, Nuvan Rathnayaka, Margaret C. Wardle, and Joy M. Schmitz
- 13 Mechanisms of Sensitization to Stress, Affective Episodes, and Abused Substances: Implications for Treatment and Prevention Robert M. Post