Access to the complete content on Oxford Medicine Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- Chapter 1 Introduction Nicole M. Avena
- Chapter 2 Why Do We Eat What We Eat? Kevin Myers
- Chapter 3 The Brain’s Got a Taste for Good Food Annette Horstmann
- Chapter 4 Craving Chocolate?: A Review of Individual Differences, Triggers, and Assessment of Food Cravings Ashley Mason and Elissa Epel
- Chapter 5 Overeating and Binge Eating Margaret Leitch and Allan Geliebter
- Chapter 6 Brain-Based Drivers and Consequences of Hedonic Overeating Kyle S. Burger, Pranish A. Kantak, and Abigail J. Sanders
- Chapter 7 Food “Liking” and “Wanting”: A Neurobiological Perspective Susana Peciña and Kent Berridge
- Chapter 8 The Influence of Dieting (Hedonic Deprivation) on Food Intake, How It Can Promote Hedonic Overeating, and Mindful-Eating Interventions Alexis Conason
- Chapter 9 The Modern Food Environment: Changes in Food Quantity and Quality and Their Impact on Hedonic Eating Wendy M. Stein and Kathleen L. Keller
- Chapter 10 Food Addiction Emily Sullivan, Alastair Tulloch, Ashley Gearhardt, and Nicole M. Avena