- Advance Praise for <i>Hostility to Hospitality</i>
- 1 Introduction
- 2 The Spiritual Event of Serious Illness
- 3 Spirituality and End-of-Life Outcomes
- 4 The Frequency of Spiritual Care at the End of Life
- 5 What Hinders Spiritual Care?
- 6 Social Structures Separating Medicine and Religion
- 7 The Secular–Sacred Divide in Medicine
- 8 Defining Religion and Spirituality
- 9 Toward a Theology of Medicine
- 10 Theology Within the Patient–Clinician Relationship
- 11 The Sacramental Nature of Medicine
- 12 A Spirituality of Immanence
- 13 Why Medicine Should Resist Immanence
- 14 Problematic Rapprochement Strategies
- 15 Structural Pluralism for Medicine and Religion
- 16 From Hostility to Hospitality
(p. vii) Preface
Michael J. Balboni
and Tracy A. Balboni
Access to the complete content on Oxford Medicine Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.