- 1 On being a patient
- 2 Modern medicine: foundations, achievements, and limitations
- 3 Global patterns of disease and medical practice
- 4 Cell biology
- 5 Immunological mechanisms
- 6 Principles of clinical oncology
- 7 Infection
- 8 Sexually transmitted diseases and sexual health
- 9 Chemical and physical injuries and environmental factors and disease
- 10 Clinical pharmacology
- 11 Nutrition
- 12 Metabolic disorders
- 13 Endocrine disorders
- 14 Medical disorders in pregnancy
- 15 Gastroenterological disorders
- 16 Cardiovascular disorders
- 17 Critical care medicine
- 18 Respiratory disorders
- 19 Rheumatological disorders
- 20 Disorders of the skeleton
- 20.1 Skeletal disorders—general approach and clinical conditions
- 20.2 Inherited defects of connective tissue: Ehlers–Danlos syndrome, Marfan’s syndrome, and pseudoxanthoma elasticum
- 20.3 Osteomyelitis
- 20.4 Osteoporosis
- 20.5 Osteonecrosis, osteochondrosis, and osteochondritis dissecans
- 21 Disorders of the kidney and urinary tract
- 22 Disorders of the blood
- 23 Disorders of the skin
- 24 Neurological disorders
- 25 The eye
- 26 Psychiatry and drug related problems
- 27 Forensic medicine
- 28 Sports medicine
- 29 Geratology
- 30 Pain
- 31 Palliative medicine
- 32 Biochemistry in medicine
- 33 Acute medicine
(p. 3771) Inherited defects of connective tissue: Ehlers–Danlos syndrome, Marfan’s syndrome, and pseudoxanthoma elasticum
- (p. 3771) Inherited defects of connective tissue: Ehlers–Danlos syndrome, Marfan’s syndrome, and pseudoxanthoma elasticum
July 30, 2015: This chapter has been re-evaluated and remains up-to-date. No changes have been necessary.
Clinical subtypes of EDS updated to include two new recently identified types.
Newly recognized genotype-phenotype described in the role of fibrillin 1.
Recommendation for Marfan’s syndrome treatment updated following results of losartan study.
Access to the complete content on Oxford Medicine Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.