- Chapter 1 Introduction
- Chapter 2 Illness narratives in practice
- Chapter 3 The researchers’ role in re-constructing patient narratives to present them as patient experiences
- Chapter 4 Stories, illness, and narrative norms
- Chapter 5 Choices of illness narratives in practice
- Chapter 6 Illness narratives in counselling—narrative medicine and narrative ethics
- Chapter 7 An illness narrative or a social injustice narrative?
- Chapter 8 Retelling one’s life story—how narratives improve quality of life in chronic language impairment
- Chapter 9 Narrative practice, neurotrauma, and rehabilitation
- Chapter 10 Illness narratives in the workplace
- Chapter 11 Using narratives for medical humanities in medical training
- Chapter 12 The ‘narrative spirit’
- Chapter 13 How to use illness narratives in medical education
- Chapter 14 Using patient narratives as source material for creative writing
- Chapter 15 Engaging the vulnerable encounter
- Chapter 16 Drawing on narrative accounts of dementia in education and care
- Chapter 17 Using illness narratives in clinical diagnosis
- Chapter 18 Structural dream analysis
- Chapter 19 What’s in a name?
- Chapter 20 Narratives in decision aids
- Chapter 21 Understanding and using health experiences to improve healthcare—examples from the United Kingdom
- Chapter 22 Illness narratives as evidence for healthcare policy
- Chapter 23 When public and private narratives diverge
- Chapter 24 Pregnancy 2.0
- Chapter 25 Changes in authenticity
- Chapter 26 Illness narratives in political communication
- Author Index
- Subject Index
(p. 301) Pregnancy 2.0: A corpus-based case study for the analysis of illness narratives online
- (p. 301) Pregnancy 2.0: A corpus-based case study for the analysis of illness narratives online
, and Valentina Simeoni
Access to the complete content on Oxford Medicine Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.