- Symbols and abbreviations
- Chapter 1 What is addiction?
- Chapter 2 Burden of addiction
- Chapter 3 Key elements of addiction
- Chapter 4 Neurobiological processes in addiction
- Chapter 5 Drug pharmacokinetics and abuse liability
- Chapter 6 Pharmacodynamics of addictive substances
- Chapter 7 The dopamine system and addiction
- Chapter 8 The GABA system and addiction
- Chapter 9 The glutamate system and addiction
- Chapter 10 The opioid system and addiction
- Chapter 11 Nicotine addiction
- Chapter 12 Appetite hormones and addiction
- Chapter 13 Conclusion and overview
(p. v) Preface
David J. Nutt
and Liam J. Nestor
Access to the complete content on Oxford Medicine Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.