- Chapter 1 The current classification of bipolar disorders
- Chapter 2 Should the bipolar disorders be modelled dimensionally or categorically?
- Chapter 3 The treatment of bipolar disorder in its early stages: current techniques, challenges, and future outlook
- Chapter 4 Evidence-based treatment of mania
- Chapter 5 The treatment of bipolar mixed states
- Chapter 6 The treatment of rapid cycling bipolar disorder
- Chapter 7 Evidence-based treatment of bipolar depression
- Chapter 8 Evidence-based maintenance treatment of bipolar disorder
- Chapter 9 The treatment of bipolar II disorder
- Chapter 10 The treatment of cyclothymia
- Chapter 11 Psychological interventions for early stage bipolar disorder
- Chapter 12 Psychotherapeutic interventions for bipolar disorder
- Chapter 13 The role of psychoeducation in the management of bipolar disorder
- Chapter 14 Functional remediation therapy for bipolar disorder
- Chapter 15 Predominant polarity, polarity index, and treatment selection in bipolar disorder
- Chapter 16 The assessment and management of suicide risk in bipolar disorder
- Chapter 17 Treatment implications for bipolar disorder co-occurring with anxiety syndromes and substance abuse
- Chapter 18 The impact of psychiatric co-morbidity in the treatment of bipolar disorder: focus on co-occurring attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and eating disorders
- Chapter 19 Bidirectional relationships between general medical conditions and bipolar disorder: treatment considerations
- Chapter 20 The treatment of bipolar disorder in women
- Chapter 21 The treatment of bipolar disorder in children and adolescents
- Chapter 22 The treatment of bipolar disorder in the elderly
- Chapter 23 The management of treatment-resistant bipolar disorder
- Chapter 24 Staging and neuroprogression in bipolar disorder: treatment implications
- Chapter 25 Pharmacotherapy of bipolar disorder: impact on neurocognition
- Chapter 26 Cognitive enhancement in bipolar disorder: current evidence and methodological considerations
- Chapter 27 The role of electroconvulsive therapy in the treatment of bipolar disorder
- Chapter 28 Neuromodulatory approaches for bipolar disorder: current evidences and future perspectives
- Chapter 29 The role of complementary and alternative therapies for the management of bipolar disorder
- Chapter 30 Novel therapeutic targets for bipolar disorder
- Chapter 31 The treatment of bipolar disorder in the era of personalized medicine: myth or promise?
(p. 488) The treatment of bipolar disorder in the era of personalized medicine: myth or promise?
- (p. 488) The treatment of bipolar disorder in the era of personalized medicine: myth or promise?
and Alessandro Serretti
Access to the complete content on Oxford Medicine Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.