Access to the complete content on Oxford Medicine Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1 IntroductionCarla Sharp, Peter Fonagy, and Ian Goodyer
- 2 Social cognition and autism spectrum conditionsSimon Baron-Cohen, Ofer Golan, Bhismadev Chakrabarti, and Matthew K. Belmonte
- 3 Social cognition in children with learning disabilitiesMichal Shaked and Nurit Yirmiya
- 4 Language and theory of mind in atypically developing children: Evidence from studies of deafness, blindness, and autismMichael Siegal and Candida C. Peterson
- 5 Social cognition and disruptive behaviour disorders in young children: families matterClaire Hughes and Rosie Ensor
- 6 Social information processing and the development of conduct problems in children and adolescents: looking beneath the surfaceJacquelyn Mize and Gregory S. Pettit
- 7 Empathic dysfunction in psychopathyJames Blair
- 8 Social cognition in depressed children and adolescentsZoë Kyte and Ian Goodyer
- 9 Social cognition and anxiety in childrenRobin Banerjee
- 10 Social cognition and attachment-related disordersCarla Sharp and Peter Fonagy
- 11 Attachment, affect-regulation, and mentalization: the developmental origins of the representational affective selfGyörgy Gergely and Zsolt Unoka
- 12 Emotion understanding and developmental psychopathology in young childrenMarc de Rosnay, Paul L. Harris, and Francisco Pons
- 13 Social cognition and geneticsThomas G. O’Connor and Cathy Creswell
- 14 Treatment outcome of childhood disorders: the perspective of social cognitionPeter Fonagy and Carla Sharp