Access to the complete content on Oxford Medicine Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- Chapter 1 Prelude, War, and AftermathNick Turse
- Chapter 2 Controversies About Rates of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder in U.S. Vietnam VeteransBruce P. Dohrenwend, J. Blake Turner, Nick Turse, Ben G. Adams, Karestan C. Koenen, and Randall Marshall
- Chapter 3 Measurement of Severity of Combat, Involvement in Harming Civilians and Prisoners, and Personal Vulnerability LoadBruce P. Dohrenwend, Thomas J. Yager, Melanie M. Wall, Ben G. Adams, and Nick Turse
- Chapter 4 A Puzzle About What the NVVRS “Projected Probability of Current PTSD” MeasuresBruce P. Dohrenwend, Eleanor Murphy, Thomas J. Yager, Melanie M. Wall, and Stephani L. Hatch
- Chapter 5 The Roles of Combat Exposure, Personal Vulnerability, and Involvement in Harm to Civilians or Prisoners in War-Related Post-Traumatic Stress DisorderBruce P. Dohrenwend, Thomas J. Yager, Melanie M. Wall, and Ben G. Adams
- Chapter 6 Harming Civilians or Prisoners: Characteristics of Persons and SituationsBruce P. Dohrenwend, Thomas J. Yager, Roberto Lewis-Fernández, Ben G. Adams, and Nick Turse
- Chapter 7 War-Related PTSD in Black, Hispanic, and Majority White Vietnam Veterans: The Roles of Potentially Traumatic Exposure and VulnerabilityBruce P. Dohrenwend, J. Blake Turner, Nick Turse, Roberto Lewis-Fernández, and Thomas J. Yager
- Chapter 8 PTSD in Women Who Served as Nurses in VietnamThomas J. Yager and Bruce P. Dohrenwend
- Chapter 9 Families of Veterans: The Question of Secondary TraumatizationThomas J. Yager, Nicole Gerszberg, and Bruce P. Dohrenwend
- Chapter 10 Some Psychological Effects of Changing Public Attitudes on U.S. Vietnam VeteransBruce P. Dohrenwend, Eleanor Murphy, Thomas J. Yager, and Stephani L. Hatch
- Chapter 11 Veterans’ Appraisals of the Impact of the War on Their Lives 10-Plus Years After the War EndedBruce P. Dohrenwend, Thomas J. Yager, Yuval Neria, J. Blake Turner, Nick Turse, Randall Marshall, Roberto Lewis-Fernández, and Karestan C. Koenen
- Chapter 12 Long-Term Impact of the War on Veterans’ Lives Nearly 40 Years After the War EndedBruce P. Dohrenwend, Thomas J. Yager, and Melanie M. Wall
- Chapter 13 Some Implications for PolicyBruce P. Dohrenwend