Access to the complete content on Oxford Medicine Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Is the Human Brain Unique?
- 3 Life Events Shape Us: The Role of Epigenetic Regulation of Gene Expression
- 4 Sadness and Depression: Neurons Constantly Change
- 5 Brain Imaging: What We Can and Cannot See
- 6 Making Connections: Where Does Fear Come From?
- 7 Love, Reward, and Social Connections
- 8 Is There a Science of Psychotherapy?
- 9 Conclusion