Access to the complete content on Oxford Medicine Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1 Introduction to Sociocultural PsychiatryNhi-Ha T. Trinh, Chun-Yi Joey Cheung, and Justin A. Chen
- 2 Culture as a Multidimensional ConstructAnne Emmerich and Leslie Tarver
- 3 Culture in the DSM-5Nhi-Ha T. Trinh, Maya Son, and Justin A. Chen
- 4 Global Psychiatric EpidemiologyMaria C. Prom and Alexander C. Tsai
- 5 Social Determinants of Psychiatric IllnessKristen Nishimi, Esther Howe, and Erin C. Dunn
- 6 Psychiatry and Its Checkered Past: Perspectives on Current PracticeJudith Puckett and David Shumway Jones
- 7 Minority Stress Theory and Internalized Prejudice: Links to Clinical Psychiatric PracticeChristine Crawford, Lisa Sangermano, and Nhi-Ha T. Trinh
- 8 Identifying and Working with Diverse Explanatory Models of Mental IllnessTony B. Benning and Justin A. Chen
- 9 Religion and Spirituality in Psychiatric Care: An Experiential Seminar Model Addressing Barriers to Discussing Religion and SpiritualitySiobhan M. O’Neill, Jiaying Ding, and Gowri G. Aragam
- 10 Gender and Sexuality: Shame and Safety in the Psychiatric EncounterAndrew Cruz, Julianne Torrence, and Christopher M. Palmer
- 11 Implicit Bias in Mental Health CareAndrea S. Heberlein, Justin A. Chen, and Nhi-Ha T. Trinh
- 12 Responding to Patients’ Provider PreferencesKimberly L. Reynolds, Kira Knight Rodriguez, Loucresie Rupert, and Michaela Owusu
- 13 Navigating Cultural Challenges in Patient–Clinician DyadsJosepha A. Immanuel, Chun-Yi Joey Cheung, and Nhi-Ha T. Trinh
- 14 Teaching Sociocultural Psychiatry Throughout the LifespanPriya Sehgal, Maya Nauphal, and Justin A. Chen