Access to the complete content on Oxford Medicine Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1 Introduction and Historical Perspective
- 2 Characterization of Contaminants and Environments
- 3 Sources of Contaminants
- 4 Dispersion of Contaminants
- 5 Fate of Chemicals: Translocation, Transformations, and Sinks
- 6 Effects of Contaminants on Human Health
- 7 Effects of Contaminants on Environmental Quality
- 8 Risk Assessment
- 9 Environmental Sampling and Exposure Assessment
- 10 Risk Management
- 11 Contaminant Criteria and Exposure Limits
- 12 Our Environmental Future