Access to the complete content on Oxford Medicine Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- Chapter 1 Introduction
- Chapter 2 Defining Extreme Caregiving
- Chapter 3 Hard Labor
- Chapter 4 Narrative and the Phases of Care
- Chapter 5 Attentiveness and Responsibility: The Invisible Work of Care
- Chapter 6 Competence
- Chapter 7 Responsiveness
- Chapter 8 Holding the Future
- Chapter 9 Conclusion: Caring With