- 1 “Send Me the Pictures”: Patient Confidentiality in a Digital World
- 2 EMTALA and Deferred Care
- 3 Assessment of Decision-Making Capacity
- 4 “Thanks, But No Thanks!” Patient Refusal of ED Diagnosis and Treatment
- 5 On the Edge of Death—To Intervene or Not
- 6 Who Decides?
- 7 Saving Grandpa?
- 8 Failed Suicide Attempt in the Terminally Ill
- 9 Self-Inflicted Gunshot Wound/Self-Reported No Code Status: The Doctor’s Dilemma
- 10 Hide and Seek
- 11 The Drunken Drug Lord
- 12 No Country for Sick Men
- 13 The Reluctant Consultant
- 14 Managing Bias and Belligerence
- 15 Very Important Patients
- 16 Frequent Flyer
- 17 “12/10” Abdominal Pain
- 18 Fear and Loathing in the ED: When Staff Are Afraid to Provide Compassionate Care
- 19 Everyday J.
- 20 “I Want a Baby, But Not With Him”
- 21 Risky Behavior
- 22 Little Secrets, Big Lies
- 23 Like, Comment, Post . . . Lawsuit?!
- 24 An Industrial Accident
- 25 Doctors Police Your Own Expert Witness Testimony
(p. 161) Little Secrets, Big Lies: Minors: Special Circumstances
- (p. 161) Little Secrets, Big Lies: Minors: Special Circumstances
and Diane L. Gorgas
Access to the complete content on Oxford Medicine Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.