- 1 Whose Decision Is This?
- 2 Why Is Everyone Giving up on Our Son?
- 3 Will My Baby Learn to Walk?
- 4 We Are So Glad She Saw the Beach
- 5 Can You Go Change the Family’s Mind?
- 6 In the Eye of the Beholder
- 7 You Can’t Tell Him That!
- 8 You Can’t Stop the Machines!
- 9 I Won’t Let You!
- 10 Time to Stop
- 11 Is She Dying?
- 12 Stuck on Life Support
- 13 How Do We Go Back to Work Now?
- 14 Always Putting My Needs Last
- 15 My Stomach Hurts
- 16 No Access and Still in Pain
- 17 My Skin Feels Like It Is on Fire
- 18 The Withdrawn Child
- 19 She Won’t Stop Vomiting
- 20 Can’t Catch My Breath
- 21 Why Isn’t She Looking at Me?
- 22 The Lack of Movement
- 23 Teenage “Bleh”
- 24 A Sad Side Effect of Cancer
- 25 My Patient Is Twitching; Could It Be Itching?
- 26 Is My Baby Feeling Hungry?
- 27 Saying Hello and Goodbye
- 28 I Feel My Baby Moving; How Is She Incompatible with Life?
- 29 A Moment Becomes a Memory
- 30 Tiny Fingers, Tiny Toes
- 31 A Case of Refusing to Agree
- 32 I Just Want to Feel Normal!
- 33 I Need a Refill
- 34 They’re Taking Away Her Health Insurance!
- 35 The Unexpected Question
- 36 A Winding Path
- 37 Why Is She So Distressed?
- 38 Maximizing the Time Left
(p. 275) Why Is She So Distressed?
- (p. 275) Why Is She So Distressed?
Daniel Waechter Webb
, and Megan J. Thorvilson
Access to the complete content on Oxford Medicine Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.