This resource tackles questions that relate to the way medicine will be practised in the future, and provides some answers. It does not shrink from the uncomfortable challenges that lie ahead, as demand surges and new technologies add to the strain. It lays out ten levers that stand a fighting chance of closing the healthcare equation, of balancing supply and demand.
Table of Contents
- Introduction and summary
- Chapter 1 The supply of new medicine—unlimited?
- Chapter 2 Healthcare demand— insatiable?
- Chapter 3 Medical meltdown—unavoidable?
- Chapter 4 Taking responsibility—a healthcare agenda for the next 20 years
- Chapter 5 Conclusion—the US, the UK, and the Middle Way