The Oxford Textbook of Infectious Disease Control discusses the issues of geographical spread of human communicable diseases. Split into six chapters it tackles surveillance, quarantine, vaccination, and forecasting for disease control. A wide selection of representative maps and diagrams are used to illustrate the ideas explored.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 Containing the Spread of Epidemics
- Chapter 2 The Surveillance of Communicable Diseases
- Chapter 3 Quarantine: Spatial Strategies
- Chapter 4 Vaccination: Interrupting Spatial Disease Transmission
- Chapter 5 Eradication
- Chapter 6 Intervention: Modelling, Demographic Impact and the Public Health