This invaluable guide to the GPVTS supports trainees from the process of application, through to qualification and beyond. The author is a recently qualified general practitioner, and she combines a frank and friendly approach with a wealth of insider knowledge to guide trainees through each stage of the training process. It not only features real-life case studies from those in training or who have recently completed training, but also gives handy hints and tips on how to avoid some of the common trainee pitfalls.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 3 You've got a training post—congratulations! Now what?
- Chapter 4 What lies ahead? Introduction to the assessment process
- Chapter 5 The ePortfolio explained
- Chapter 6 Supervisors, trainers, and how to make the most of your meetings
- Chapter 7 The money stuff
- Chapter 8 Your hospital posts and how they differ to the foundation years
- Chapter 9 How to get the best out of your regional VTS teaching
- Chapter 10 The move into general practice and how it differs from hospital medicine
- Chapter 11 Your first GPST post and some basic tips on how to survive!
- Chapter 12 Stop and check! Are you ready for your ARCP panel review?
- Chapter 13 Thinking ahead and how to make yourself more employable at the end of it all
- Chapter 14 Thinking about applying for AKT? Some handy hints and tips…
- Chapter 15 Life events and changes that may affect your training
- Chapter 16 Having a baby and becoming a LTFTT