Genetic Counseling Research: A Practical Guide is an online resource devoted to research methodology in genetic counseling. It offers step-by-step guidance for conducting research, from the development of a question to the publication of findings. Genetic counseling examples and practical tips guide readers through the research and publication processes. With a highly accessible, pedagogical approach, this resource will help promote quality research by genetic counselors and research supervisors—and in turn, increase the knowledge base for genetic counseling practice, other aspects of genetic counseling service delivery, and professional education.
Table of Contents
- 1 Developing Research Questions
- 2 Finding Sources
- 3 Writing a Review of Literature
- 4 Ethics in Research
- 5 Choosing a Paradigm
- 6 Designing a Quantitative Study
- 7 Quantitative Data Analysis: I’ve Got Data, How Do I Get Answers?
- 8 Conducting Qualitative Genetic Counseling Research
- 9 Preparing a Manuscript for Publication
- 10 Guidelines for Directing Research