This resource provides an accessible account of ethics in general practice, addressing concerns identified by practitioners, and is based on examples from general practice, and uses a contents list developed through discussions with GPs, trainers and GP registrars.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 General practice and ethics
- Chapter 2 Ethical reasoning and general practice
- Chapter 3 Trust and the doctor–patient relationship
- Chapter 4 Difficult relationships with patients
- Chapter 5 Confidentiality in general practice
- Chapter 6 Beneficence or does the doctor know best?
- Chapter 7 Justice and resource allocation in general practice
- Chapter 8 Making decisions: patient autonomy in general practice
- Chapter 9 Ethical issues at the beginning of life
- Chapter 10 Ethical issues in the care of children
- Chapter 11 Ethical issues at the end of life
- Chapter 12 Role conflicts in general practice
- Chapter 13 On being a good doctor: virtues in general practice