Access to the complete content on Oxford Medicine Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- Chapter 1 The Essential Connection: Environmental Sustainability, Community Stability, and Equitable Development in Struggling Cities in High-Income Countries Ted Howard
- Chapter 2 Community Action in Informal Settlements: Strategies for Improved Environmental Health and Equity in Low- and Middle-Income Countries David Satterthwaite
- Chapter 3 Achieving Environmental Equity: Race, Place, and the Movement to Build Healthy Communities in the United States Angela Glover Blackwell
- Chapter 4 Building Income and Social Equity through Urban Sustainability: Lessons from Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside Mitra Thompson
- Chapter 5 New Skills for the Green Economy: Two Training Programs for Job Seekers in the United States Cosmin Paduraru and Kara Quennell
- Chapter 6 Green Social Entrepreneurship as a Poverty-Reduction Strategy: TIDE India’s Use of Technological Innovation for Healthier and More Sustainable Communities Shannon Lockhart
- Chapter 7 Moving Toward Sustainable Urban Transport: How Can We Integrate Environmental, Health, and Equity Objectives Globally? David Banister and James Woodcock
- Chapter 8 The New Challenges of Rapid Urban Growth: Imperatives and Strategies for Transport in India Madhav Badami
- Chapter 9 Healthy and Sustainable Agriculture: Working with Farmers to Transform Food Production in Latin America Donald Cole, Gordon Prain, and Willy Pradel
- Chapter 10 Access to Healthy Foods in Urban Settings: A Comprehensive Strategy for Low-Income Communities in Montreal Lise Bertrand
- Chapter 11 Water for Development: Investing in Health and Economic Well-Being Globally William Cosgrove and Håkan Tropp
- Chapter 12 The Potential of Clean Energy for Equity in Remote Communities in the North Tim Weis
- Chapter 13 Remote Indigenous Populations and Climate Change: Reducing the Impacts on Health and Well-Being James Ford and Peter Adams