Access to the complete content on Oxford Medicine Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Definitions and Diagnostic Criteria
- 3 ADHD and the Concept of ESSENCE (Early Symptomatic Syndromes Eliciting Neurodevelopmental Clinical Examinations)
- 4 Prevalence of ADHD, DAMP, and ESSENCE
- 5 Development of Symptoms During Childhood and Adolescence
- 6 Difficulties in Speech, Language, Reading, Writing, Mathematics, Motor Control, and Other “Specific” Learning/Developmental Disorders
- 7 Mental Health Problems/Additional “Psychiatric Disorders”
- 8 Other Associated Problems Not Classified as Mental or Psychiatric Disorders
- 9 Differentiation from Other Conditions—Differential Diagnosis
- 10 Diagnosis of ADHD, DAMP, or Disorders in ESSENCE Group
- 11 Causes, Risk Factors, and Laboratory Findings
- 12 What Is the Outcome—Can You Outgrow It?
- 13 Intervention: Psychoeducation, Self-Help, Supportive Measures, and Treatment
- 14 Who Can Help?
- 15 Case Histories of ADHD, DAMP, and Disorders in ESSENCE Group