Access to the complete content on Oxford Medicine Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- Chapter 1 Introduction
- Chapter 2 TENS for pain management
- Chapter 3 TENS equipment, techniques, and biophysical principles
- Chapter 4 Appropriate electrode sites and electrical characteristics for TENS
- Chapter 5 Contraindications, precautions, and adverse events
- Chapter 6 Evaluating TENS on a new patient—the supervised trial
- Chapter 7 Practicalities of using TENS for specific conditions and situations
- Chapter 8 Clinical research on the efficacy of TENS
- Chapter 9 Mechanism of action of TENS
- Chapter 10 The use of TENS for non-painful conditions
- Chapter 11 TENS-like devices
- Chapter 12 Future directions