Access to the complete content on Oxford Medicine Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- Introduction and summary
- Chapter 1 The supply of new medicine—unlimited?
- Chapter 2 Healthcare demand— insatiable?
- Chapter 3 Medical meltdown—unavoidable?
- Chapter 4 Taking responsibility—a healthcare agenda for the next 20 years
- Chapter 5 Conclusion—the US, the UK, and the Middle Way