Access to the complete content on Oxford Medicine Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- Chapter 1 The history of muscular dystrophy: a unique story
- Chapter 2 Early history of muscular dystrophy
- Chapter 3 Edward Meryon’s contribution to muscular dystrophy
- Chapter 4 The life of Edward Meryon (1807–1880)
- Chapter 5 Duchenne de Boulogne (1806–1875)
- Chapter 6 Refining the clinical picture
- Chapter 7 Resolution of heterogeneity
- Chapter 8 Nosology of the dystrophies
- Chapter 9 Recognition of other types of muscular dystrophy
- Chapter 10 Biochemical diagnosis and carrier detection
- Chapter 11 Pathogenesis of Duchenne dystrophy
- Chapter 12 The search for the gene
- Chapter 13 Current trends and the future