Access to the complete content on Oxford Medicine Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- Chapter 1 IntroductionMaria A. Sullivan and Frances R. Levin
- Chapter 2 Recognizing Addiction in Older PatientsAnna Levesque and Edward V. Nunes
- Chapter 3 Brief Interventions for Substance-Use Disorder in Older PatientsRoland C. Merchant and Francesca L. Beaudoin
- Chapter 4 Alcohol and Older AdultsAnna Terajewicz LaRose and John Renner
- Chapter 5 Abuse of Opioids and Prescription MedicationsIsis Burgos-Chapman, Louis A. Trevisan, and Kevin Sevarino
- Chapter 6 Cannabis, Nicotine, and Stimulant Abuse in Older AdultsChristina A. Brezing and Frances R. Levin
- Chapter 7 Benzodiazepines and Other Sedative-Hypnotics in the Older AdultArthur Robin Williams and Olivera J. Bogunovic
- Chapter 8 Assessment in the Older PatientRahul Rao and Ilana Crome
- Chapter 9 Sex Differences in Late-Life Substance-Use DisordersElizabeth Evans and Maria A. Sullivan
- Chapter 10 Treatment Options for Older Adults with Substance-Use DisordersStacy A. Cohen, Margaret M. Haglund, and Larissa J. Mooney
- Chapter 11 Technology-Based Interventions for Late-Life AddictionEsra Alagoz, Kim Johnson, Andrew Quanbeck, and David Gustafson, Jr.
- Chapter 12 ConclusionMaria A. Sullivan