Access to the complete content on Oxford Medicine Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- Chapter 1 What Are Sleep Paralysis and Isolated Sleep Paralysis?
- Chapter 2 Should Sleep Paralysis Be More Frequently Assessed in Research Studies and Clinical Practice?
- Chapter 3 The History of Sleep Paralysis in Folklore and Myth
- Chapter 4 Sleep Paralysis in Art and Literature
- Chapter 5 Early Medicine and the “Nightmare”
- Chapter 6 Sleep Paralysis: Typical Symptoms and Associated Features
- Chapter 7 Prevalence of Sleep Paralysis
- Chapter 8 Sleep Paralysis and Medical Conditions
- Chapter 9 Sleep Paralysis and Psychopathology
- Chapter 10 Theories on the Etiology of Sleep Paralysis
- Chapter 11 Diagnostic Criteria, Diagnostic Issues, and Possible Subtypes of Sleep Paralysis
- Chapter 12 Review of Measures Used to Assess Sleep Paralysis
- Chapter 13 Differential Diagnosis of Sleep Paralysis
- Chapter 14 Folk Remedies for Sleep Paralysis
- Chapter 15 Psychosocial Approaches to the Treatment of Sleep Paralysis
- Chapter 16 Psychopharmacology for Sleep Paralysis
- Chapter 17 Conclusions and Future Directions