Access to the complete content on Oxford Medicine Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- Chapter 1 The political economy of family medicine
- Chapter 2 General practice, management, and bureaucracy
- Chapter 3 Forward integration
- Chapter 4 Mass production
- Chapter 5 Evidence-based medicine and the codification of knowledge
- Chapter 6 The arrival of clinical governance
- Chapter 7 What about the patients? Consumerism and producerism in the industrialization process
- Chapter 8 What are the alternatives?