Access to the complete content on Oxford Medicine Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- Chapter 1 Introduction to the causes of cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes mellitus, South Asians, and the structure and approach of this book
- Chapter 2 Genetic explanations 1: the thrifty genotype and its variants
- Chapter 3 Genetic explanations 2: adaptations in body size, shape, and composition
- Chapter 4 Genetic explanations 3: neurobehavioural explanations
- Chapter 5 The thrifty phenotype and related developmental hypotheses
- Chapter 6 Socio-economic development and the demographic and epidemiological transitions: effects on psychosocial circumstances and lifestyles
- Chapter 7 Established CVD and DM2 risk factors: reappraisal in relation to South Asians
- Chapter 8 Other risk factors and explanations
- Chapter 9 A causal synthesis and models
- Chapter 10 Implications for health policy, public health, health care, and research