Access to the complete content on Oxford Medicine Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- Part I Introduction and Background
- Part II The Clinical Assessment and Diagnostic Pathway
- Chapter 5 Obtaining an assessment
- Chapter 6 Initial assessment (‘Triage’)
- Chapter 7 Full assessment: the developmental history
- Chapter 8 Full assessment: interviewing the patient and autistic phenomenology
- Chapter 9 Full assessment: direct observation and the signs of autism
- Chapter 10 Comorbidity assessment
- Chapter 11 Detailed needs assessment
- Part III Care and intervention after diagnosis
- Appendix 1
- Appendix 2 The author’s experiences in epidemiology and in policy development
- Appendix 3 Development of a new approach to interviewing adults about their experiences of autism based on the Schedules for Clinical Assessment in Neuropsychiatry (Chapter 8)
- Appendix 4 Independent evaluation of the ADOS in community populations