Access to the complete content on Oxford Medicine Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1 Acute care and failure to rescue: Setting the sceneFiona Creed
- 2 Respiratory assessment and careDaren Briscoe
- 3 Cardiovascular assessment and careChristine Spiers
- 4 Neurological careFiona Creed
- 5 Acute kidney injuryCristina Osorio and Theofanis Fotis
- 6 The care of patients with gastrointestinal disease and nutritional support for the acutely ill patientKatharine Martyn and Fiona Creed
- 7 Fluid assessment and associated treatmentHeather Baid
- 8 Assessment and care of the patient with sepsis Kevin Barrett
- 9 Pain assessment and management in acute careWendy Caddye
- 10 Systematic assessment, early warning scores, and patient escalationFiona Creed
- 11 Acute emergency situationsLorna East, Fiona Creed, and Christine Spiers
- 12 Transfer of acutely ill patientsEmma Gardner
- 13 Planning for emergency care and treatment when recovery is uncertainKate Kemsley