Access to the complete content on Oxford Medicine Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- Chapter 1 A brief history of suicidal behaviour
- Chapter 2 Definitions
- Chapter 3 Epidemiology
- Chapter 4 What causes suicidal behaviour?
- Chapter 5 Psychiatric disorders and biological factors
- Chapter 6 Psychosocial and societal influences on suicidal behaviour
- Chapter 7 Initial assessment and management
- Chapter 8 Risk assessment for suicide
- Chapter 9 Psychological and other non-pharmacological approaches
- Chapter 10 Pharmacological approaches
- Chapter 11 The role of health services and systems
- Chapter 12 Preventing suicide through population-based approaches
- Chapter 13 Bereavement after suicide
- Chapter 14 Frequently asked questions
- Chapter 15 Conclusion
- Chapter 16 Clinical examples
- Chapter 17 Useful links