Access to the complete content on Oxford Medicine Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- Chapter 1 Science before science
- Chapter 2 The Enlightenment and the unravelling of the circulation
- Chapter 3 From a dream to a nightmare: HIV, haemophilia, and AIDS
- Chapter 4 Red blood cells: How they live and how they die
- Chapter 5 Blood and the hidden virus
- Chapter 6 Radiation and transplantation: Towards an understanding of stem cells
- Chapter 7 Leukaemia
- Chapter 8 ‘If you prick us, do we not bleed?’: Bleeding and blood clotting
- Chapter 9 Molecules, genes, and gene therapy
- Chapter 10 The same specialty—but different approaches!
- Chapter 11 The role of technology in haematology
- Chapter 12 Combination chemotherapy