Access to the complete content on Oxford Medicine Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Cognition: Trying to Make Sense of the World
- 3 Diagnosis Terms: Meanings, Classifications, and Potential Misunderstandings
- 4 Diagnostic Reasoning
- 5 Probability in Diagnostic Thinking
- 6 Triumphs, Disasters, and Near Misses
- 7 Safeguards: Opportunities and Obstacles