Access to the complete content on Oxford Medicine Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- Chapter 1 It’s Personal: Pain as a Human Experience
- Chapter 2 More than a Survivor: The Resiliency of Hope
- Chapter 3 Caught in a Web: The Complexity of Pain
- Chapter 4 Friendly Fire: Rejecting Stigma
- Chapter 5 The New Scarlet Letter: Addiction and Recovery
- Chapter 6 Soul Mates: Love Amid Pain
- Chapter 7 The God Prescription: Spirituality and Pain
- Chapter 8 Everyday Saints and Unsung Heroes: Caregiving and Care Receiving
- Chapter 9 Coming of Age: Self-Advocacy