Access to the complete content on Oxford Medicine Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- Part 1 What is prevention and why do we need it?
- Part 2 Practical aspects of prevention
- Chapter 8 Behavioural strategies to support and sustain lifestyle change
- Chapter 9 Engaging people in prevention initiatives
- Chapter 10 Treatment of tobacco dependence
- Chapter 11 Diet and weight: major lifestyle challenges
- Chapter 12 Helping people to become more physically active
- Chapter 13 Managing blood pressure
- Chapter 14 Managing blood lipids
- Chapter 15 Managing blood glucose
- Chapter 16 Drug therapies to reduce risk: evidence and practicalities
- Chapter 17 Identifying and managing psychosocial factors
- Chapter 18 Putting educational strategies into practice
- Part 3 Setting up preventive cardiology initiatives