Access to the complete content on Oxford Medicine Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- Chapter 1 Definitions, social trends and epidemiology
- Chapter 2 Pathophysiological changes of ageing and their relevance to anaesthesia
- Chapter 3 Anaesthetic pharmacology in the elderly
- Chapter 4 Pre-operative assessment and preparation of elderly patients undergoing major surgery
- Chapter 5 Day case anaesthesia in the elderly
- Chapter 6 Emergency anaesthesia in the elderly
- Chapter 7 Anaesthesia for orthopaedic surgery in the elderly
- Chapter 8 Anaesthesia for major abdominal surgery in the elderly
- Chapter 9 Neurosurgery in the elderly
- Chapter 10 Urological and gynaecological surgery in the elderly
- Chapter 11 Post-operative care and analgesia
- Chapter 12 Intensive care and the elderly
- Chapter 13 Cognitive dysfunction and sleep disorders
- Chapter 14 Ethics and the law involving the elderly