Access to the complete content on Oxford Medicine Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- Chapter 1 A practice with a very long history
- Chapter 2 Some troubling observations about involuntary treatment
- Chapter 3 The conventional grounds for involuntary treatment are highly problematic
- Chapter 4 Challenges to the orthodoxy
- Chapter 5 How mental health law discriminates against persons with mental illness