Access to the complete content on Oxford Medicine Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- Chapter 1 Close to home: Family, housing and neighbours
- Chapter 2 Getting personal: Friendships, intimate relationships and childcare
- Chapter 3 It's not working: Discrimination and employment
- Chapter 4 By a process of exclusion: Discrimination in civil and social life
- Chapter 5 Harmful helpers: Discrimination in health and social care
- Chapter 6 Profiting from prejudice: Mental illness in the media
- Chapter 7 Danger or disinformation: The facts about violence and mental illness
- Chapter 8 ‘Why Try?’: Self-stigmatisation and anticipated discrimination
- Chapter 9 From Stigma to Ignorance, Prejudice
- Chapter 10 What works to reduce discrimination?: Challenges for service users
- Chapter 11 What works to reduce discrimination?: Challenges for everyone