Access to the complete content on Oxford Medicine Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1 Subject Perspectives
: The Missing Element in Research Ethics
- 2 Personal Knowledge and Study Participation
- 3 The Everyday Ethics of Human Research
- 4 The Hidden World of Subjects
: Rule-Breaking in Clinical Trials
- 5 Participants as Partners in Genetic Research
- 6 Terminally Ill Patients and the “Right to Try” Experimental Drugs
- 7 Embedded Ethics in Developing-Country Research
- 8 Research Subjects as Literary Subjects
- 9 How to Hear Subjects