Access to the complete content on Oxford Medicine Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1 Patient Safety: A Brief History Robert K. Stoelting
- 2 Cognitive Load Theory and Patient Safety Elizabeth Harry and John Sweller
- 3 Errors and Violations Alan F. Merry
- 4 The Human-Technology Interface Frank A. Drews and Jonathan R. Zadra
- 5 Deliberate Practice and the Acquisition of Expertise Keith Baker
- 6 Fatigue Michael Keane
- 7 Situation Awareness Christian M. Schulz
- 8 Creating a Culture of Safety Thomas R. Chidester
- 9 Adverse Event Prevention and Management Patrick J. Guffey and Martin Culwick
- 10 Complex Systems and Approaches to Quality Improvement Loren Riskin and Alex Macario
- 11 Crisis Resource Management and Patient Safety in Anesthesia Practice Amanda R. Burden, Jeffrey B. Cooper, and David M. Gaba
- 12 Quality in Medical Education Viji Kurup
- 13 Regulating Quality Robert S. Lagasse
- 14 Creating a Quality Management Program Richard P. Dutton
- 15 Health Information Technology Use for Quality Assurance and Improvement Christine A. Doyle
- 16 Safety in Remote Locations Samuel Grodofsky, Meghan Lane-Fall, and Mark S. Weiss
- 17 Medication Safety Alan F. Merry
- 18 Operating Room Fires and Electrical Safety Stephan Cohn and P. Allan Klock, Jr.
- 19 Disruptive Behavior: The Imperative for Awareness and Action Sheri A. Keitz and David J. Birnbach
- 20 Managing Adverse Events: The Aftermath and the Second Victim Effect Sven Staender