Access to the complete content on Oxford Medicine Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- Editorial Caesarean section: Introduction to the ‘World’s No. 1’ Surgical Procedure Eric Jauniaux and William A. Grobman
- Chapter 1 Caesarean section: From Antiquity to the Twenty-First CenturyMatthew J. West, Laurie Montgomery Irvine, and Eric Jauniaux
- Chapter 2 The anatomy of the female pelvisNatalie Greenwold
- Chapter 3 The epidemiology of caesarean deliveryDaniel Pasko, Akila Subramaniam, and Alan T. N. Tita
- Chapter 4 The modern caesarean sectionEric Jauniaux and Vincenzo Berghella
- Chapter 5 The Misgav Ladach caesarean sectionMichael Stark and Eric Jauniaux
- Chapter 6 Complex caesarean deliveriesSusan P. Raine and Michael A. Belfort
- Chapter 7 Anaesthesia for caesarean sectionDesikan Rangarajan and Paul Howell
- Chapter 8 Prevention and management of post-operative caesarean section complicationsPhilip J. Steer
- Chapter 9 Long-term complications after caesarean sectionEric Jauniaux and Davor Jurkovic
- Chapter 10 Perinatal outcome of neonates born by caesarean sectionEmily Robertson and Tom Lissauer
- Chapter 11 Trial of labour after caesareanEmily S. Miller and William A. Grobman
- Chapter 12 Caesarean delivery and human evolutionMichel Odent and Eric Jauniaux
- Chapter 13 Caesarean section: A global perspectiveJames Walker